Gawfer

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." James Madison

Monday, July 10, 2006

NEW LOGO BACKGROUND

Some of you may be wondering what the heck I did to my background, so here's a brief explanation:

After serving three years active duty as regular USN, two and a half years of it on Okinawa, JA, I returned Stateside to complete my enlistment as USNR. I was attached to Squadron VP-91, where I drilled 1 weekend a month, and 2 weeks a year.

I had the opportunity to fly with the squadron as 2nd Mech and thoroughly enjoyed it. The patch that is the background of my page was our official Squadron patch, and could be found on most all flight suits and jackets.

I thought I'd honor the Squadron by flying the colors for a while, a little nostalgia for me I guess.

GO NAVY!