Gawfer

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." James Madison

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

McCain, Obama and the American Dream

It has been a few days since my last post; simply because I haven't been inspired to post anything. With the Media's attention focused on the candidate that can't make up his mind if he's evangelical or Muslim, for open talks with terrorists or against them, Black, White, or Arab, my attention has waned with disinterest. I’ve become bored with Michelle O’ making an appearance on the view, and every other bad news bear that has aligned themselves with Barack only to be thrown under the bus (Pay attention allies of the US).

That is until a few minutes ago when I watched this video at
My Point radio. Many of us have become disillusioned with our candidate McCain who is so close to liberals, it's sometimes hard to distinguish between him and Harry Reid. We look very closely at him hoping to catch a glimpse of some latent conservative value and when we see something, we ride the wave all the way to the beach because we know the next wave won't come soon.

If you are like me, you love this Country for who she is; Her windfall successes and tragic failures, all. The American people have shown themselves to be resilient and tenacious, and can withstand the attack of terrorists striking the most precious resource we have: our people.

But I am concerned for our future. I am one who fears an Obama Administration. Not because the man is black, or white, or Arab, or whatever, but because I lived and served in the Military during the Carter Administration. The very administration that caused more harm to this country in four years, than the entire preceding 200 years combined, and Obama's ideas are even further to the left than Carter’s were. A lack of Experience and understanding of simple Economics is common traite in both Carter and Obama.


I saw first hand the negative impact Carter had on our military. The general moral was at an all time low with drug abuse rampant. And after returning to civilian life, I realized there would be no way I could ever afford to buy a house or a new car for that matter. Only the extremely wealthy could qualify for loans and then pay off the standard 18% interest; which coincidentally drips of irony because who claims to be for the poor? That’s right, Obama.

Anyway, this video inspired me to write a bit of what has been going through my mind lately, and it reminded me that we are still the United States of America, and our hope is not in one man, but in those things that set us apart from every other nation in the world: God and the American dream . Watch the video, and remember, it’s when we don’t act, that we’ll be doomed to failure.


Labels: , ,