Gawfer

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." James Madison

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Vacation... Finally!

Today was the last day for five whole days!

Tomorrow is the last chance ‘til the end of August for us to use our So Cal Annual passes to the "Happiest Place on Earth", so that's where we'll be. Then I play golf on Saturday with a men's group from church... And yes, we spell the game G.O.L.F. not other four letter words that have become so familiar on the links.
Then Church on Sunday and a Family day. Sunday night we’ll be at the Riverside National Cemetery listening to an Orchestra playing Patriotic music.

Did I say the fourth of July is my favorite holiday of the year?

Anyway, Monday, Bushy and I are going to get together for another 18, and finally, the Fireworks Celebration on Tuesday.

I shared my dream of the perfect fourth with Gunz this morning and it goes something like this:

“In a small town somewhere in Middle America, we (the Family) go to the park that's down town and find a nice shade tree to throw the picnic blanket under. Cold fried chicken and watermelon are on the menu while a small orchestra plays patriotic music in the park gazebo. There might be some cheesy carnival rides across the street in the empty parking lot, and a game of toss or Frisbee quickly ensues. The temperature is a little warm for me but the kids don't mind, and cool off with a glass of lemonade that mom made.
As the sun settles behind the Church on Main Street, the anticipation starts to build, and finally, the music begins and the First Fireworks light up the dark blue sky. The exhilaration I feel seeing the show, and having my family so close cannot be fairly described, but the joy of knowing I'm right where I want to be... With the ones I love, in the Country I love, remembering the Battles that allow my Freedom make for the perfect Holiday.”

Happy Fourth of July to all of you, my online friends. God bless each one of you, whether you like it or not, and God bless America!

Go Navy!