Gawfer

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." James Madison

Thursday, October 04, 2007

A Patriot Guard Thank you

Unfortunately, this was a ride I missed, but I thought I'd share the thank you note the PGR received after the ride. 26 Riders from California rode 500 miles plus to attend this service.

Mission Complete
SSgt Michael L. Townes, 29, Las Vegas , NV



Dear Craig,

My brother, Michael L. Townes, was buried this past Friday. I am his baby sister and was one of his closest friends. These past 2 weeks have been the worst in my life. When we left the funeral, I was looking out the window of the limo being sad. I then saw you and your peers from the Patriot Guard volunteer your time to block the traffic for us, I was more than impressed. I had a smile on my face, and I was proud.

When we pulled into the funeral home, the sight of people standing tall w/ the American flag made me feel even more proud of my [br]other and what he did for our country. I don't know if I've ever been more proud. It was such a beautiful sight. It put a smile on my face, and gave me comfort knowing that there are people who do care about our soldiers and what they do for our country.

Please let everyone who was there this past Friday know that on behalf of myself and family, that we are more than grateful for what you did for us this past Friday. I made it a point to thank each and every person for their service that day. I hope that I didn't miss anyone. Even my friends and family were commenting on how beautiful and patriotic it was to have everyone waiting for us w/the flags waving in the air.

I attached a few pictures so you can see what a beautiful and proud moment it was. I don't know if you are the right person to contact, but I am also interested in getting dog tags made w/ his picture on the back. Please let me know where I can get more information on that.

Thanks again for your patriotism and support. It really means a lot to see the honor the people of this country have for their soldiers. Continue to keep up the good work. You brightened up my day. Have a wonderful day and may God bless you all. Thanks again.

A proud baby sister,
Marion L. Townes


Craig H Donor
GySgt USMC Ret
SoCal Regional PGR Ride Capt

This is the reason we ride: not for ourselves, but for the families and friends of our fallen Patriots. It is because of them and their willingness to give ALL that you and I can enjoy the freedoms this country still affords.

God bless the Patriot Guard, and God bless America.