Gawfer

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." James Madison

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Gawfer on Hiatus

Dear Readers and friends,

My job has recently taken me to the desert (about 50 miles north of El Centro, CA) and I will be on the project site for about 8 months. My posting has certainly fallen off over the last few months and I'm sorry about that, but I'm guessing it will be mostly non existent for the next 8 months. Our work schedule is currently 12 hours a day, starting at 0500, and will run the course of the dirt work. For those who are interested, I build large power plants, and the recent energy crisis that hit California has created a boom of sorts for companies like mine, so we are eager to take advantage of the opportunities.

Anyway, I'll be visiting my favorite blogs as mush as I can, and will drop little nuggets of encouragement and liberal bashing whenever the notion strikes, but I ask that you'd reach deep into your hearts and be patient with this ol' salt while I endure temps in excess of 120 degrees F.

All the best,

g