Gawfer

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." James Madison

Sunday, July 23, 2006

IKA's Roll


There is a new roll that has hit the Gawfer site known as IKA's Roll. IKA's Roll started out as 'Gawfer's Neighborhood' and represents the sites I visit on a regular basis, so in essence it's not new at all.

The meaning of IKA's Roll:
Anyone who has spent more that just a glance on this blog will know that I served in the United States Navy as an Aviation Machinist’s Mate (Jet Mechanic), and that I like the Navy. A lot. Hence the nickname 'Squid' that some people like JJ, Texas Fred, Cary, Gunz, and others have dubbed me.

And if you've read some of my posts and comments both here and on my favorite blogs, you'll have discovered that I was stationed on Okinawa, JA. (I say 'on' because Okinawa is a rock about 67 miles long, and 25 miles wide at it widest point, located some 900 miles south of Mainland Japan, and is stuck between the Pacific Ocean on the east, and the South China Sea on the west), but I digress.

While stationed there, I developed a certain fondness for sushi. All kinds of sushi. And, 'If you knew sushi like I know sushi, then you'd like sushi too'. HA! Anyway, the word IKA (ee-kah) in Japanese means Squid. Hence the name IKA's Roll.

If you'd like to find yourself on IKA's Roll, and would like to provide this lovely lady a seat on your blog, you must first paste IKA'sCODE in your template, then let me know in the comments, and if I like you, I'll add you to it. The roll is active, and updates to the most recent post. Hat Tip once again to TexasFred for helping this code challenged Squid put this Roll together.

Go Navy!