Gawfer

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." James Madison

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Our National Anthem

(Sticky Post, see below for current posts)

As an American and Veteran of the USN, I am sometimes moved by things I hear regarding the Icons of our Country. This explanation of our National Anthem is one of those things that all should appreciate.
One phase that caught my attention was a quote from George Washington: "The thing that sets the American Christian apart from all other people in the world is he will die on his feet before he'll live on his knees."

I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

Labels: