Gawfer

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." James Madison

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Where in the World is Cindy Sheehan These Days?

So after her statement of retirement last year, the old cow seems to have wandered off the farm. It appears since she failed on the National level, she's trying her hand at the International level, sticking her nose into Egyptian Politics... Sounds a lot like San Fran sicko Nan, doesn't it?

To: Egypt"s First Lady Susan Mubarak

Dear Mrs, Suzanne Murbarak,
My name is Cindy Sheehan, I am a human rights and
peace activist from the U.S. In April of 2004 my
oldest son Casey was killed in Iraq, while serving in
the U.S. army he was sent to fight the illegal and
immoral U.S. occupation of Iraq and was murdered in a
battle in Sadr City. Since his death I have worked
hard seeking justice for the victims of the
occupation, both American and Iraqi, because I believe
that they have all died for lies of the American
government.

Through my work on this issue I have become an
advocate for human rights violations all over the
world. I am sad to say that my first visit to your
beautiful country of Egypt brings me here under this
guise to appeal for fair and just treatment for the
forty members of the Muslim Brotherhood, all civilian,
who are being tried through a military tribunal. As I
understand it this process is illegal both under
Egyptian law and International law and since the
defendants have all been found innocent on four
different occasions in civilian courts, I can only
conclude that the Egyptian government is trying them
in a military tribunal as a last resort to guarantee a
guilty verdict.

In addition to this being an unfair practice to the
defendants, it is also unfair to their families and
places a great burden on them. I have spent time
during my visit getting to know some of the wives and
children of detainees and have heard heart breakings
stories of how they have been tormented because of
this matter; many of them have been deprived of
personal funds and possessions and it has been very
difficult for them to support their basic needs. The
children have been deeply traumatized by seeing their
fathers violently arrested without cause or
provocation. The detainees have suffered a great deal
while in jail, some have been denied access to proper
health care causing serious medical conditions.

You can read the rest of her letter here.