Gawfer

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." James Madison

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Will you Vote Democrat or Republican?

I see the dichotomy of our two main political parties as this:

The Democratic Party seeks to raise taxes and make the federal government ultimately responsible for our well being,

The Republican Party seeks to lower taxes and limit government thus making us responsible for our own actions and behavior, and ultimately our well being.

Personal accountability of one's behavior is a Christian principle that does not bode well with those who would choose to place blame on the Government for their woes.

I see great difficulty in holding to the ideology of the Democratic Party while holding on to Christian values. One either chooses to be accountable for one's behavior, or attempt to place blame on someone else.

To quote the Apostle Paul from 1 Cor. 13:11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me.

I believe it is time for the Democratic Party to Grow Up.