Gawfer

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." James Madison

Sunday, September 24, 2006

New York, New York

PeaceMoonbeam
September 23, 2006

I went to New York City this week so I could protest against Bush, and show support for Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez and Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as they all arrived to speak at the United Nations. These foreign leaders epitomize the strongest challenge to W and his attempts to conquer the world, so I wanted to cheer them on.

Imagine my excitement when I was invited by a very influential Democrat to a private cocktail party held to honor the visiting presidents at a very swanky New York hotel! I wish Scooter could have been with me and seen these two defenders of truth, as well as some of our country's most prominent Democrats. Someone said George Soros paid for the whole thing, but whoever did, they didn't scrimp: Cristal champagne, caviar, lots of little bean burritos for Hugo (he eats like four at a time), and copious amounts of goat potstickers for Ahmadinejad and his uni-browed entourage...

Read her entire post Here

She is quickly becoming one of my favorite spots to visit.