Gawfer

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." James Madison

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Back from Lake Tahoe

My buds and I have had a private Fantasy Football League for ten years and decided to celebrate this year by having our annual draft at Lake Tahoe.

I am originally from Northern California and have a special fondness for mountains, pine trees and the Lake, so it was a real treat to once again breathe fresh mountain air that I couldn't see.

Anyway, after a few sneaky trades (by others), the draft got underway. My draft position was 5, but I relinquished my first round pick to position number 6 in exchange for my bud's third round pick which was the first pick in that round. All were expecting me to pick up Egerin James as the first three picks were Larry Johnson, Sean Alexander and Ladanian Tomlinson. The guy who picked forth kinda threw a few guys with Stephen Jackson, but the guy who got my 5th pick choose E.J. That was OK though because my intent all along was to pick Peyton Manning who I got. I followed up with Chad Johnson, Antonio Gates and finally Carnell Williams. My overall team will be a good scoring team with 3 out of 4 of my first picks being tier 1 players.

But enough with the technical stuff. The point of this post was to let you all know that I've been busy this weekend, and probably won't post again until Tuesday. Tomorrow is Disneyland for the day, and Monday, my wife and I are heading to Phoenix for the day. Whew!

I hope everyone is happy and healthy this weekend.