Gawfer

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." James Madison

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Mention God? Don't you dare

Jun 21, 2006by Ben Shapiro

Brittany McComb, valedictorian of Foothill High School in Clark County, Nevada, stood up at her graduation and began to speak. A few paragraphs into her speech, school administrators cut off McComb's microphone. She didn't tell a dirty joke. She didn't curse. She didn't insult her classmates or her teachers. Brittany McComb committed the egregious sin of attempting to thank God and Jesus. "I went through four years of school at Foothill and they taught me logic and they taught me freedom of speech," McComb stated. "God's the biggest part of my life. Just like other valedictorians thank their parents, I wanted to thank my lord and savior." ... read the article Here


The First Amendment:
...The Constitution provides no right to be free from public expression of religion. The relevant portion of the First Amendment reads: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." The basic idea is this: There should be no national religion, because establishment of a national religion would necessitate shutting down other religions...

OK, I've seen this 3 times now, and each time I said I would post it but was then distracted.

I had a conversation a couple of weeks ago with a friend who made the statement “I find it hard to believe you think Christians are being persecuted in the United States". I provided a couple of examples of current events such as the ACLU law suit currently pending regarding the removal of the cross on Mt. Soledad, the attempt to remove 'Under God' from our Pledge of Allegiance, and the recent law suit filed to have 'In God We Trust" removed from future currency.

Well my friend, here is another example. This time the Constitutional right of Free Speech was denied to an American Citizen. I truly feel that the ACLU is, 'by giving the people a voice' (right), attempting to destroy this Countries core values and to intentionally create a state of anarchy for the purpose of overthrowing the Government. There is truly no good that can come from this organization.


Additional sources: stoptheaclu