Gawfer

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." James Madison

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Janesville mom to join son in Mideast

Associated Press
Read Article Here

JANESVILLE -- Holly Miller is so proud of her son's military efforts that she decided to join him overseas.

The Janesville woman is a member of the Wisconsin Army National Guard 1158th Transportation Company. Miller, 38, leaves this week for an 18-month tour, including a year overseas in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

"I'm not going to have my son go do something I, myself, wouldn't put myself in that same situation, so I'm showing him support, as well. I'm proud of him," Miller said.

Her 20-year-old son, Pfc. Eric Krueger Jr., left home in August for an eventual deployment to Kuwait...

Hat Tip Seaspook