Gawfer

"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God." James Madison

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Rumsfeld Should Stay

http://tinyurl.com/gd3hh

It has been said recently that Rumsfeld needs to hit the road of retirement running. Criticism has abounded, especially from six individual Generals that have also retired.But as I stated to a good friend who thinks Rummy should go, there are many routes to the doughnut shop. My way may be different than another's, but if, in the end I get my cream filled maple bar, then the goal was achieved. Rummy's driving right now and doing a fine job, and he's listening to the right people. So as long as he doesn't crash this ‘pie wagon’, I'm ok with him. Besides, I'm guessing there are a lot more factors involved than these 6 Stars have knowledge of, and to criticize the Sec Def in the MSM during a time of war brings their motives into question in my eyes. What's up with that anyway!?